Connecting the Dots
- Dates: 28.03.2023 – 03.04.2023
- Type of project: Training Course
- Where: Alicante, Spain
- Project Co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme and European Union
About the Project
Time left to apply
In the last 3 years we focused on researching, adapting and testing elements of Pop Culture as a source of learning within NFE and global education, while continuing to work on the concept of invisible racism: within this Training course we would like to share this process with youth workers, focusing on the concept of intersectionality (K.W. C renshaw, 1989) and its value within youth participation activities. We will explore the connections between oppressions and people’s experiences based on their identities and what this means during the lives of each per son. This concept offers a good framework of analysis for people who want to understand the present and want to participate in society, since it is necessary to understand the repercussions that different types of discrimination have on our existence and that of others. Learning to situate oneself in the world, understanding it s complexity, is a good starting point to learn to communicate with different people and to understand the richness of human diversity.
This project’s main objectives are:
- To define the concept of intersectionality and the different ways of working on it through the metodology of non-formal education;
- To give visibility to the connections between different social struggles and their consequences in our societies;
- To give an overview of POP culture and to analyze the potential of the elements that compose it as versatile and effective educational tools;
- To introduce intersectional perspectives in youth work, training professionals to work on the theme at a cross-cutting level in their activities;
- To generate approaches and methodologies accessible to young people, focusing on learning and action processes on the theme of intersectionality using popular culture.
- Has at least 18 years old;
- Have a medium level of English language;
- Has Romanian Nationality or Residency;
- Is a youth worker or activist involved in young people education;
- Open to new, flexible, proactive and willing to work in a multinational and intercultural team;
- Is motivated to participate in this training course and is interested in the proposed topic;
- Presents desire for civic involvement;
- Assume to share with others the knowledge, attitudes and abilities learned, and to be actively involved in all stages of the project.
In the process of selection will prevail:
- Fitting in the participants’ profile;
- Motivation to participate and the quality of the application;
- Euroactive NGO youth workers and the members of the communities we are activating in have priority;
- Gender balance.
Number: 2 participants (18+ years old);
The selection results will be sent by email to all candidates at the latest 28th of December, 2022.
1. The participation costs (accommodation, food, materials etc.) will be covered by the organizers. Also, the transportation will be reimbursed according with the attached Info-pack and Erasmus+ regulations (maximum 360 euro/participant).
2. The selected candidates must advance the amounts necessary to cover the transport costs to the place of the course, using the cheapest means of transportation: flight ticket (economy class, low cost), train ticket (2nd class), bus etc.
3. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be covered from your own expense.
4. An amount of 25 euro will be perceived by the sending organization as a co-financing of the participant to the project (not applied to Euroactive volunteers and young people with fewer opportunities).
For more details about the project
For any questions, do not hesitate to contact us!
If you want to be the first to hear about our projects, Join our Newsletter. You will receive once or twice a month emails with news about different opportunities, educational resources, and updates on our projects.
+40 373 784 114
Curtea de Argeș, Romania
There are lots of ways to lend a Helping Hand.
Let's be #euroactive together!
Invest in Youth, Invest in Education!
Receive emails with news about different opportunities, educational resources, and updates on our projects.