Digital Entrepreneurship for Rural Youth
- Date: 29 October – 07 November 2021
- Where: Corbeni, Romania
- Project Co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme and European Union
About the Project
We aim through this project to contribute to the development of rural communities by promoting digital entrepreneurship among young people. Through digital entrepreneurship, we mean the pursuit of business opportunities in the online environment. Digital entrepreneurship can be an effective tool for young people in rural areas to develop skills that allow them to enter the labor market without having to migrate to cities.
The advantages of digital entrepreneurship are manifold and can be exploited in rural regions whose fixed internet access infrastructure develops from year to year. These include: flexible location for business development, access to a much larger market, even global, low administration costs, communication, advertising etc.
Thus, we set out the following objectives:
Purpose: To raise awareness among rural youth about the opportunities of digital entrepreneurship.
– Development of digital skills of 30 young people from rural area.
– Development of the entrepreneurial skills of 30 young people from the rural area.
- Has between 18 and 30 years old;
- Has Romanian Nationality or Residency;
- Is leaving in rural area;
- Is motivated to participate proactively in all stages of the project;
- Is interested in entrepreneurship and desire to open a business in rural area;
- Has basic digital skills for information processing, content creation and communication, problem solving and online security;
- Is open to new, flexible, proactive and eager to work in a multinational and intercultural team.
- No age limit;
- Has interpersonal and communication skills, team spirit, strategic thinking oriented to results;
- Promote a positive attitude at the group level;
- Has coordination, planning and organization skills;
- Is proficient in English;
- Has experience in volunteering, non-formal education and youth;
- Has experience in working with vulnerable young people;
- Promote active engagement and teamwork;
- Is a good negotiator, mediator;
- Has knowledge of writing articles, promotional messages, etc.;
- Has competences to evaluate the learning process of young people;
- Has first aid knowledge.
In the process of selection will prevail:
- Fitting in the participants’ profile;
- Motivation to participate and the quality of the application;
- Euroactive NGO volunteers and the members of the communities we are activating in have priority;
- Gender balance;
- Priority will be given to young people with fewer opportunities and young people who have not participated in the Erasmus + program until now.
Deadline to apply: 15 August 2021
Number: 5 participants + 1 group leader (18+ years old)
The selection results will be sent by email to all candidates at the latest 20 August 2021.
1. The participation costs (accommodation, food, materials etc.) will be covered by the organisers.
2. An amount of 25 euro will be perceived by the sending organisation as a co-financing of the participant to the project (not applied to Euroactive volunteers and young people with fewer opportunities).
For more details about the project
+40 786 185 637
Curtea de Argeș, Romania
There are lots of ways to lend a Helping Hand.
Let's be #euroactive together!
Invest in Youth, Invest in Education!