Environmental education through non formal learning
- 26 May – 02 June 2022 – Youth Exchange
- Where: Faro, Portugal
- Project Co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme and European Union
About the Project
Time left to apply
In addition to the COVID 19 pandemic, EU citizens face a new challenge, which is environmental pollution and reduced quality of life. The latest scientific research shows that the EU is suffocating in waste, the quality of life is reduced to a low level and EU citizens have major negative impacts on health and lifestyle. Young people who suffocate in smoke and waste are not spared from these negative influences. Young people are a driving force in the world, they can initiate and create new social positive changes. Through non-formal learning and youth activism supported by NGOs, young people can raise public awareness but also promote green habits for a better quality of life and a healthier environment.
The objectives of the project are:
- Improving the competencies of the participants in the field of environment, improving their habits towards the environment in which they live
- Promotion of non-formal learning as a tool for greater environmental awareness and promotion of young people as environmental promoters
- Bringing participants closer to their bad habits that negatively affect the environment and quality of life
- Introducing the participants with green habits, directing them in the future to act as promoters of activities for environmental protection
- Promotion of 7 national videos for raising environmental awareness and greater responsibility towards the environment
- Has between 18 and 30 years old;
- Have a basic level of English language;
- Has Romanian Nationality or Residency;
- Open to new, flexible, proactive and willing to work in a multinational and intercultural team;
- Is motivated to participate in this youth exchange and are interested in the proposed topic;
- Presents desire for civic and involvement;
- Assume that they will share with others the knowledge, attitudes and abilities learned, and that they will be actively involved in all stages of the project.
- At least 18 years old;
- Has interpersonal and communication skills, team spirit, strategic thinking oriented to results;
- Is motivated to support the young people during the learning process, throughout the whole project;
- Promote a positive attitude at the group level;
- Have coordination, planning and organization skills;
- Have an advanced level of English language;
- Have experience in volunteering, non-formal education and youth;
- Have competences to evaluate the learning process of young people.
In the process of selection will prevail:
- Fitting in the participants’ profile;
- Motivation to participate and the quality of the application;
- Euroactive NGO volunteers and the members of the communities we are activating in have priority;
- Gender balance;
- Priority will be given to young people with fewer opportunities and young people who have not participated in the Erasmus + program until now.
Number: 4 participants + 1 group leader (18+ years old)
The selection results will be sent by email to all candidates at the latest 24th of April 2022.
1. The participation costs (accommodation, food, materials etc.) will be covered by the organizers. Also, the transportation will be reimbursed according with the attached Info-pack and Erasmus+ regulations (maximum 275 euro/participant).
2. The selected candidates must advance the amounts necessary to cover the transport costs to the place of the course, using the cheapest means of transportation: flight ticket (economy class, low cost), train ticket (2nd class), bus etc.
3. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be covered from your own expense.
4. An amount of 25 euro will be perceived by the sending organization as a co-financing of the participant to the project (not applied to Euroactive volunteers and young people with fewer opportunities).
For more details about the project
+40 373 784 114
Curtea de Argeș, Romania
There are lots of ways to lend a Helping Hand.
Let's be #euroactive together!
Invest in Youth, Invest in Education!
Receive emails with news about different opportunities, educational resources, and updates on our projects.