Food and Health – Improve Yourself
- Date APV: 30 – 31 August 2021
- Date YE: 24 Sept. – 3 Oct. 2021
- Where: Katowice, Poland
- Project Co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme and European Union
About the Project
Time left to apply
Our project was created in response to the growing problem of overweight and obesity – including overweight and obesity of young people. For several debates, it has been growing more and more in all European countries. The World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes obesity as “the most common metabolic disease in the world” and an epidemic, being the fifth most common death factor in the world. Our goal is to increase the awareness of young people about the importance of the quality and quantity of their food and daily exercise. We want to make you aware that healthy eating does not have to be expensive and complicated, and our daily food choices have an impact on our health, even when at first it seems that nothing in our body changes.
The main goal of our project is to draw attention to our daily food choices, which have been shaped over the years and have a significant impact on our physical and mental health. We believe that taking small steps every day can have a significant impact on our health. As part of the project, we want to delve into our knowledge on this topic, refute the myths existing in our heads and help others in obtaining real knowledge in a way that will help them change their habits for the better or suggest where they can seek help.
- Has between 19 and 29 years old;
- Has Romanian Nationality or Residency;
- Open to new, flexible, proactive and willing to work in a multinational and intercultural team;
- Is motivated to participate in this youth exchange and are interested in the proposed topic;
- Present desire for civic and involvement;
- Assume that they will share with others the knowledge, attitudes and abilities learned, and that they will be actively involved in all stages of the project.
- No age limit;
- Has interpersonal and communication skills, team spirit, strategic thinking oriented to results;
- Is motivated to support the young people during the learning process, throughout the whole project;
- Promote a positive attitude at the group level;
- Have coordination, planning and organization skills;
- Have an advanced level of English;
- Have experience in volunteering, non-formal education and youth;
- Have competences to evaluate the learning process of young people.
In the process of selection will prevail:
- Fitting in the participants’ profile;
- Motivation to participate and the quality of the application;
- Euroactive NGO volunteers and the members of the communities we are activating in have priority;
- Gender balance;
- Priority will be given to young people with fewer opportunities and young people who have not participated in the Erasmus + program until now.
Deadline to apply: 10 August 2021
Number: 5 participants + 1 group leader (18+ years old)
The selection results will be sent by email to all candidates at the latest 15 August 2021.
1. The participation costs (accommodation, food, materials etc.) will be covered by the organisers.
2. An amount of 25 euro will be perceived by the sending organisation as a co-financing of the participant to the project (not applied to Euroactive volunteers and young people with fewer opportunities).
For more details about the project
+40 373 784 114
Curtea de Argeș, Romania
There are lots of ways to lend a Helping Hand.
Let's be #euroactive together!
Invest in Youth, Invest in Education!
Receive emails with news about different opportunities, educational resources, and updates from our projects.