Marine life a cultural
- Youth Exchange: 06.07.2023 – 17.07.2023
- Where: Kokkinias Beach, Elos, Greece.
- Project Co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme and European Union
About the Project
Time left to apply
Eurotas is inextricably linked to the history of ancient Sparta. At its mouth it forms extensive delta, which is one of the most important wetlands of the Peloponnese. It once covered one of the most important areas of the region of the Greater Peloponnese, but has now been drained and is under pressure from settlement. Nevertheless, the delta remains important place for migratory birds and is one of the most important nesting areas for the many species of migratory birds.
The aim of our action is to clean up the wider beach area, to protect the animals that the beach, to become an example to be followed and to pass the message to the local community. community about the importance of the area and our duty to prevent its pollution in the future.
To organise sporting and cultural activities to involve more people from the local community local and wider society to European values and to talk about the importance of the place through its history and culture. Through sporting activities, we want to revive the legend and history of one of the greatest Olympians of the region, Nicocles. Nicocles was an ancient Greek athlete from Accraia (today’s Kokkinia Laconia) in the Peloponnese, and was 5 times Olympic champion during 2 Olympic Games, in the events of the road, the biathlon, and the dolphin in the 170th edition of 100 BC.
The project aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Cleaning the beach, spreading the importance of environmental awareness in every local community and through the group actions that will be carried out with the
people of the area, to leave our mark that we are making a difference. the environment is the home of all people and does not belong to those who happen to live closer;
- The inclusion of young people in sporting activities and the interpretation of the essence of the concept of ‘not fighting’;
- To bring the participants closer to the history and culture of the historical region of Laconia by opening their minds;
- To develop the participants’ skills in transnational cooperation and language skills language skills;
- To encourage the creation of intercultural awareness through the development of attitudes of respect for cultural diversity that exists around.
- Has between 18 and 30 years old;
- Has Romanian Nationality;
- Presents knowledge / interest in the topic;
- Is motivated to participate in this youth exchange;
- Is open to diversity and interculturality;
- Assume that they will share with others the knowledge, attitudes and abilities learned, and that they will be actively involved in all stages of the project.
- No age limit;
- Have interpersonal and communication skills, team spirit, strategic thinking oriented to results;
- Promote a positive attitude at the group level;
- Have coordination, planning and organization skills;
- Have an advanced level of English;
- Have experience in volunteering, non-formal education and youth;
- Have competences to evaluate the learning process of young people.
- Fitting in the participants’ profile;
- Motivation to participate and the quality of the application;
- Euroactive NGO volunteers and the members of the communities we are activating in have priority in the selection process;
- Gender balance;
- Priority will be given to young people with fewer opportunities and young people who have not participated in the Erasmus + program until now.
Number: 7 participants + 1 group leader (18+ years old)
The selection results will be sent by email to all candidates at the latest 16th of April 2023.
1. The participation costs (accommodation, food, materials etc.) will be covered by the organizers. Also, the transportation will be reimbursed according with the attached Info-pack and Erasmus+ regulations (maximum 275 euro/participant).
2. The selected candidates must advance the amounts necessary to cover the transport costs to the place of the mobility, using the cheapest means: flight ticket (economy class, low cost), train ticket (2nd class), bus, carpooling etc.
3. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be covered from your own expense.
4. An amount of 25 euro will be perceived by the sending organization as a co-financing of the participant to the project (not applied to Euroactive volunteers and young people with economic difficulties).
1. Carefully read through the info-pack and participant contract to make sure you understand the project details and requirements.
2. Complete the application form with accurate and complete information. We strongly advise you to fill out the application form by yourself and to be honest and original in your responses. The purpose of the application is to get to know you better and to understand why you are interested in our project. It is important that your application reflects your own thoughts and ideas.
3. Submit your application before the deadline. Please note that late applications may not be considered.
4. After the application deadline has passed, we will notify you of the results by email. Please check your email regularly and also your spam folder in case our email gets filtered there.
5. If you are selected to participate in the project, you will be required to sign the participant contract within 3 days and send it back to us via email. Please read the contract carefully and ensure that you understand and agree to the terms and conditions before signing.
6. You will also need to send a contribution fee of 25 euros to our association account. If you are a young person with fewer opportunities and cannot afford to pay the fee, please contact us to request an exception. We may require documentation to support your request. Please note that when you sign and submit the participant contract, you will also need to attach proof of payment for the contribution fee of 25 euros.
7. Once you have completed all the necessary steps, you will be ready to participate in the project. We will provide you with all the additional instructions or guidelines to ensure that you have a successful and enjoyable experience.
Thank you for your interest in our project, and we look forward to hearing from you!
For more details about the project
+40 373 784 114
Curtea de Argeș, Romania
There are lots of ways to lend a Helping Hand.
Let's be #euroactive together!
Invest in Youth, Invest in Education!
Receive emails with news about different opportunities, educational resources, and updates on our projects.