Media Literacy Info Lab
- Dates: 22-30 July, 2022
- Where: Struga, North Macedonia
- Project Co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme and European Union
About the Project
Time left to apply
Media and information literacy is directed towards educating people about the importance of media and other information providers in order to make
informed decisions, to learn about the world around us, to create a sense of community belonging, to participate in public debates and to learn continuously. In fact, media and information literacy should empower citizens themselves to be active providers of information, innovators of media and information products, but also to be critical about it. Therefore, media and information literacy must encourage people to use
the new and traditional media for self-expression and taking greater participation in the democratic processes, including the global information network. Thus, this project aims to allow youth through their organisations working in different fields, such as, environment, sport, democracy, human rights, etc., to learn and apply media and information literacy skills and competences in their everyday life and work.
The objectives of the project are:
- to spread information and knowledge among young people from different parts of Europe about the media and information literacy policies and strategies,
- to help young people understand the deeper meaning of information and media literacy and the importance of acquiring media literacy skills, especially among young people as driving force in society,
- to show young people and youth organisations how to use the information at their disposal in an effective, critical and ethical way, as well as to support and promote freedom of expression, access to information and other human rights,
- to advise young people to be constructive when sharing information and how to detect fake news,
- to encourage young people and youth organisations to be more creative and involved in production of knowledge and information,
- to increase participant’s digital skills, as well as other soft skills, such as presentation,
- public speaking, teamwork and leadership skills, etc.,
- to enable intercultural learning and support for cultural diversity,
- to promote the Erasmus+ Programme, Youthpass certificate and NFE (non-formal education).
- Has between 18 and 26 years old;
- Have a basic level of English language;
- Has Romanian Nationality or Residency;
- Open to new, flexible, proactive and willing to work in a multinational and intercultural team;
- Is motivated to participate in this youth exchange and are interested in the proposed topic;
- Presents desire for civic and involvement;
- Assume that they will share with others the knowledge, attitudes and abilities learned, and that they will be actively involved in all stages of the project.
- At least 18 years old;
- Has interpersonal and communication skills, team spirit, strategic thinking oriented to results;
- Is motivated to support the young people during the learning process, throughout the whole project;
- Promote a positive attitude at the group level;
- Have coordination, planning and organization skills;
- Have an advanced level of English language;
- Have experience in volunteering, non-formal education and youth;
- Have competences to evaluate the learning process of young people.
In the process of selection will prevail:
- Fitting in the participants’ profile;
- Motivation to participate and the quality of the application;
- Euroactive NGO volunteers and the members of the communities we are activating in have priority;
- Gender balance;
- Priority will be given to young people with fewer opportunities and young people who have not participated in the Erasmus + program until now.
Number: 8 participants + 2 group leaders (18+ years old)
The selection results will be sent by email to all candidates at the latest 4th of June 2022.
1. The participation costs (accommodation, food, materials etc.) will be covered by the organizers. Also, the transportation will be reimbursed according with the attached Info-pack and Erasmus+ regulations (maximum 275 euro/participant).
2. The selected candidates must advance the amounts necessary to cover the transport costs to the place of the course, using the cheapest means of transportation: flight ticket (economy class, low cost), train ticket (2nd class), bus etc.
3. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be covered from your own expense.
4. An amount of 25 euro will be perceived by the sending organization as a co-financing of the participant to the project (not applied to Euroactive volunteers and young people with fewer opportunities).
For more details about the project
+40 373 784 114
Curtea de Argeș, Romania
There are lots of ways to lend a Helping Hand.
Let's be #euroactive together!
Invest in Youth, Invest in Education!
Receive emails with news about different opportunities, educational resources, and updates on our projects.