Protecting our lungs
- Youth Exchange: 29.08.2022 – 10.09.2022
- Where: Elafonisos, Greece.
- Project Co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme and European Union
About the Project
Time left to apply
Protecting our lungs project was developed to address the climate change problem and to help young people to explore aspects of themselves and to develop competences such as sustainable lifestyle and cooperation skills, ecological awareness and practicing teamwork.
The project aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To strengthen cooperation between partner organisations and give them the idea to develop new projects on sustainability and climate change;
- To understand the interconnectedness and systems thinking around climate change;
- Learn ways to avoid wrong actions that can cause fires especially during the very hot summer days;
- To raise awareness of climate change among youth workers, youth leaders to support youth to engage in global climate change action;
- Disseminate knowledge by acting as multipliers and share the skills acquired during the exchange in their local communities;
- Learn to live in a sustainable community and thus understand how climate-friendly solutions are in practice when integrated into their local projects;
- Learn about forest protection and the individual responsibility of each person to clean up dead trunks and branches and remove flammable materials from dangerous places;
- To bring young people closer to nature through their stay in the outdoor camp and to show them its beautiful side, raising their awareness, showing them what nature generously offers us;
- To highlight through reports and presentations the importance of each culture and how it can be destroyed from one moment to the next by reckless actions if we are not careful.
- Has between 18 and 30 years old;
- Has Romanian Nationality;
- Presents knowledge / interest in the topic;
- Is motivated to participate in this youth exchange;
- Is open to diversity and interculturality;
- Assume that they will share with others the knowledge, attitudes and abilities learned, and that they will be actively involved in all stages of the project.
- No age limit;
- Have interpersonal and communication skills, team spirit, strategic thinking oriented to results;
- Promote a positive attitude at the group level;
- Have coordination, planning and organization skills;
- Have an advanced level of English;
- Have experience in volunteering, non-formal education and youth;
- Have competences to evaluate the learning process of young people.
- Fitting in the participants’ profile;
- Motivation to participate and the quality of the application;
- Euroactive NGO volunteers and the members of the communities we are activating in have priority in the selection process;
- Gender balance;
- Priority will be given to young people with fewer opportunities and young people who have not participated in the Erasmus + program until now.
Deadline to apply: 30th of July 2022
Number: 5 participants + 1 group leader (18+ years old)
The selection results will be sent by email to all candidates at the latest 5th of August 2022.
1. The participation costs (accommodation, food, materials etc.) will be covered by the organizers. Also, the transportation will be reimbursed according with the attached Info-pack and Erasmus+ regulations (maximum 275 euro/participant).
2. The selected candidates must advance the amounts necessary to cover the transport costs to the place of the mobility, using the cheapest means: flight ticket (economy class, low cost), train ticket (2nd class), bus, carpooling etc.
3. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be covered from your own expense.
4. An amount of 25 euro will be perceived by the sending organization as a co-financing of the participant to the project (not applied to Euroactive volunteers and young people with economic difficulties).
For more details about the project
+40 373 784 114
Curtea de Argeș, Romania
There are lots of ways to lend a Helping Hand.
Let's be #euroactive together!
Invest in Youth, Invest in Education!
Receive emails with news about different opportunities, educational resources, and updates on our projects.