PUZZLE OF DIVERSITY: Escape Room for Education
- Dates: 28.10.2022 – 04.11.2022
- Training course
- Where: Ceuta, Spain
- Project Co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme and European Union
About the Project
Time left to apply
Recently several topics became important in Europe and in the world – rise of radicalization, racism, violation of human rights. We think that there is a good way to have a positive influence on society – to educate young people and to deliver proper messages regarding the topics mentioned above. We had several discussions regarding the fact that traditional ways of education and promotion about these topics are not very effective when working with youngsters. We know that it is quite hard to bring attention of young people when using same old ways and methods of education. Young people need to be fully involved into education process and education must be interesting and even entertaining for them. We also understood that youth workers, youth leaders and NGO workers often lack new tools and ideas on how to educate youngsters, especially in the field of Human Rights Education (HRE).
With our training course, we aim to raise awareness about such issues as gender equality, migrants rights and bullying through making escape rooms, as well as understanding how to use escape rooms as a learning tool.
- Spread ideas about human rights protection among participants, partner organizations and guests of the training course.
- Youth workers and NGO workers know and are able to organize escape rooms for educational purposes.
- Participants are equipped with knowledge, skills and attitudes on new approaches to education, especially Human Rights Education (HRE).
- Toolboxes on escape rooms (with schemes, scenarios, puzzle explanation, etc.) are created and can be used later.
- Positive impact is made in such areas as gender equality, migrants rights and bullying.
- At least 18 years old;
- Have a basic level of English language;
- Has Romanian Nationality or Residency;
- Open to new, flexible, proactive and willing to work in a multinational and intercultural team;
- Is motivated to participate in this training course and are interested in the proposed topic;
- Presents desire for civic and involvement;
- Assume that they will share with others the knowledge, attitudes and abilities learned, and that they will be actively involved in all stages of the project.
In the process of selection will prevail:
- Fitting in the participants’ profile;
- Motivation to participate and the quality of the application;
- Euroactive NGO volunteers and the members of the communities we are activating in have priority;
- Gender balance;
- Priority will be given to young people with fewer opportunities and young people who have not participated in the Erasmus + program until now.
Number: 2 participants (18+ years old);
The selection results will be sent by email to all candidates at the latest 12th of September, 2022.
1. The participation costs (accommodation, food, materials etc.) will be covered by the organizers. Also, the transportation will be reimbursed according with the attached Info-pack and Erasmus+ regulations (maximum 360 euro/participant).
2. The selected candidates must advance the amounts necessary to cover the transport costs to the place of the course, using the cheapest means of transportation: flight ticket (economy class, low cost), train ticket (2nd class), bus etc.
3. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be covered from your own expense.
4. An amount of 25 euro will be perceived by the sending organization as a co-financing of the participant to the project (not applied to Euroactive volunteers and young people with fewer opportunities).
For more details about the project
+40 373 784 114
Curtea de Argeș, Romania
There are lots of ways to lend a Helping Hand.
Let's be #euroactive together!
Invest in Youth, Invest in Education!
Receive emails with news about different opportunities, educational resources, and updates on our projects.