RADICAL (-1) or how can a problem be REAL and COMPLEX at the same time?
- Date: 17 – 26 October 2022
- Where: Căpățâneni, Romania
- Project Co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme and European Union
About the Project
Time left to apply
Even though the definition of radicalisation is in continuous debate, it generally designates the process by which a person ends up supporting radical ideas in opposition to the current socio-political or religious reality. Individuals either help or oppose vehemently progressive social changes and take on violent and non-violent forms, leading to terrorism. Through this project, we want to understand the discrepancy between radicals and reformers and realise the importance of moderate opinions, which do not exceed a degree of in-depth understanding of sensitive social issues.
The project aims to reduce radicalism and extremism among young people.
1. Cultivating objective, moderate, factual critical thinking;
2. Spreading awareness of the social, economic, cultural and educational mechanisms that lie behind the situations of radicalism and extremism;
3. Increasing the motivation to get involved in promoting the reduction of extremism and radicalism within the framework of society.
- Has between 18 and 30 years old;
- Has nationality of or residency in one of the partner countries;
- Is motivated to participate in this youth exchange and is interested in the proposed topic;
- Is a member of local partner communities and/ or volunteers within partner associations;
- Is open-minded, flexible, proactive and eager to work in a multinational and intercultural team;
- Assumes that they will share with others the knowledge, attitudes, and abilities learnt and that they will be actively involved in all stages of the project.
- Is at least 18 years old;
- Has digital, interpersonal, and communication skills, team spirit, and strategic thinking oriented to results;
- Promotes a positive attitude at the group level;
- Is proficient in English;
- Is experienced in volunteering and non-formal education as well as in working with vulnerable young people;
- Promotes active engagement and teamwork;
- Is motivated to get to know the young people, to identify and support their learning needs throughout the project;
- Is eager to be actively involved during the mobility period and assumes to fulfil all responsibilities delegated to this position;
- Has competencies to evaluate the learning process of young people.
- Fitting in the participants’ profile;
- Motivation to participate and the quality of the application;
- The partner organisations’ volunteers and the members of the communities we are activating in have priority;
- Gender balance;
- Priority will be given to young people with fewer opportunities and young people who have not participated in the Erasmus + program until now.
The selection of each national group will be done by each partner organisation based on the applications they received online and offline at their headquarters. The selection results will be announced on email, at the latest of 1st of September 2022.
1. The participation costs (accommodation, food, materials, etc.) will be covered by the organizers. Also, the transportation will be reimbursed according to the attached Info-pack and Erasmus+ regulations;
2. The selected candidates must advance the amounts necessary to cover the transport costs to the place of the course, using the cheapest means of transportation: carpooling, train ticket (2nd class), bus, flight ticket (economy class, low cost), etc.;
This project fully implements a practice of GREEN TRAVEL, in line with priorities set within the Erasmus+ Programme guide for 2021 – 2027, so the participants are supposed to travel with less polluting means of transportation (carpooling, train, bus), but in case of no suitable options, flight tickets can be also bougth.
3. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be covered at your own expense;
4. The partner organisations might ask for a contribution fee (a maximum of 50 euro) as a co-financing of the participant to the project (not applied to Euroactive volunteers). You will be announced about the certain amount of this cost together with the selection results.
For more details about the project
+40 373 784 114
Curtea de Argeș, Romania
There are lots of ways to lend a Helping Hand.
Let's be #euroactive together!
Invest in Youth, Invest in Education!
Receive emails with news about different opportunities, educational resources, and updates on our projects.