The skill to be free
- Date: 17-27 September 2020
- Where: Buynovo, Bulgaria
- Project Co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme and European Union
About the Project
In the recent years whole Europe is a target of countless campaigns with black PR, fake news and media manipulations, which frighten our democracies, create conflicts and hatred among our societies and are often a serious treat for the national security of our countries. The media literacy is the only democratic tool for protecting our citizens and we believe that it is a key competence which each European should acquire from a very early age. No matter what choices we make each day of our life, the ability to critically analyze all the information we receive is the main skill making us free!
- Increase participants’ emotional intelligence level for making them less susceptible to emotional manipulation and letting them have more harmonious and peaceful relationships.
- Get to know the concept of Netiquette and how to build a positive image in the online space.
- Support participants to develop their critical thinking skills, informed choice ability and active civic capacity. In addition, improving their ability to learn and gather scientific information from credible sources.
- Turning media literacy and counterfeit fake news and misinformation into a personal cause for many of the young people involved in the project and providing them with tools to effectively combat misinformation as well as appropriate presentation skills so that they can teach their peers on the subject like our activists do.
- Has between 17 and 29 years old;
- Has Romanian Nationality or Residency;
- At the time of the event, the participant does NOT benefit from any other type of Erasmus + financing, i.e. is not an EVS / ESC volunteer or an Erasmus scholarship student;
- Presents knowledge / interest in the topic;
- Have an interest in becoming a youth leader/youth worker;
- Is motivated to participate in this youth exchange;
- Is open to diversity and interculturality;
- Assume that they will share with others the knowledge, attitudes and abilities learned, and that they will be actively involved in all stages of the project.
- No age limit;
- Have experience in media literacy;
- Have interpersonal and communication skills, team spirit, strategic thinking oriented to results;
- Promote a positive attitude at the group level;
- Have coordination, planning and organization skills;
- Have an advanced level of English;
- Have experience in volunteering, non-formal education and youth;
- Have competences to evaluate the learning process of young people.
- Fitting in the participants’ profile;
- Motivation to participate and the quality of the application;
- Euroactive NGO volunteers and the members of the communities we are activating in have priority;
- Gender balance;
- Priority will be given to young people with fewer opportunities and young people who have not participated in the Erasmus + program until now.
Deadline to apply: 1 August 2020, 12:00
Number: 5 participants + 1 group leader (18+ years old)
1. The participation costs (accommodation, food, materials, insurance etc.) will be covered by the organisers. Also, the transportation will be reimbursed according with the attached Info-pack and Erasmus+ regulations (maximum 180 euro/participant).
2. The selected candidates must advance the amounts necessary to cover the transport costs to the place of the course, using the cheapest means of transportation: flight ticket (economy class, low cost), train ticket (2nd class), bus etc.
3. An amount of 25 euro will be perceived by the sending organisation as a co-financing of the participant to the project (not applied to Euroactive NGO volunteers and young people with fewer opportunities).
For more details about the project
+40 786 185 637
Curtea de Argeș, Romania
There are lots of ways to lend a Helping Hand.
Let's be #euroactive together!
Invest in Youth, Invest in Education!